I can remember back to when I was a teen mom and always feeling overwhelmed. It was not easy being a young mom. Especially, when most of my friends were hanging out all the time and having fun without me. It felt like I would never see the day again in where I would get a break. But here I am 24 years later and life has changed so much. What I thought back then was hard, I can say today it was worth it all. The time went so fast, at least that is how I feel now.
I wanted to share one of my most recent facebook post with you for some encouragement. Also, below you will find some tips that might be helpful to being a young mommy. Today my son is 24 and he is my personal trainer. (Who would of ever imagined?)
Few tips for the young moms:
- Pray and ask God to give you strength daily
- Even though it’s not easy, enjoy the process of being a young mommy
- Try to find new friend’s who understand or might be a mommy too
- Know that this season isn’t forever, it really does go quick
- Maybe find a friend or babysitter who is safe and can give you a break once in while
- If you are unsure about something when raising your baby, google search or don’t be afraid to ask around
This picture makes my heart melt. ❤
Son, As you were training me today, putting your hand on my shoulder to adjust my form, giving me that look that I need to push myself harder, you made me think, it was worth it all. Even though I was scared at 16 to be your mommy and our favorite dinners were Doritos, banana muffins, and chocolate milk sitting on the couch way past your bedtime, I think we are alright! Thank you Jesus for your hand of protection.